Just when you ended your hair’s fight against summer’s elements: humid weather and sun damage, winter’s cold air is slowly moving in and declaring war on your locks. The cooler weather usually means more heat products on your hair (blow dryer, curling iron, and flat iron) because your less likely to sweat out or frizz up your do. Wind can add insult to injury, stripping the hair of oils leaving it dry and thirsty. Grab your weapons of choice (from our tips of course!) and conquer a head full of shiny moisturized hair no matter how low the temperature drops, without resorting to hat hair.
- Moisturize locks regularly. Less shampooing means more oils for healthy shiny hair. Stick to washing hair 1 to 2 times per week.
- It may be easier said than done, but air drying your mane means less heat and less dryness.
- Trim your hair regularly. Many of us are guilty of embarrassing dry and poofy ends from neglecting split ends. Make sure to trim every 4 to 6 weeks so the damage from the split ends doesn’t travel up to the roots.
- Easy on the hair dye. Coloring you hair makes your mane extra dry. Ask your colorist for a deep conditioner before adding color and a gloss afterwards. If you color at home, look for dyes with moisturizing properties, and condition your hair well a week before.
- Love your scalp. Take care of the area where your hair grows from. Harsh products and not enough moisture can cause an itchy flaky scalp. Deeva Amla Herbal Powder, gets rid of dandruff and promotes hair growth.