The 8 Fall Transition Pieces to Have in Your Closet Right Now
So I thought waking up yesterday to a crisp fall breeze was going to be just the refresher I needed. I could sip on a pumpkin spice latte, wear actual real people clothes and most importantly, avoid the sweaty underground commute of summer and make it to the office looking fresh and clean – wrong! Upon opening my closet, I was fully dismayed (cardigans – what?!). It’s like I completely lost all of the layering skills I had perfected so fervently last fall/winter season. Back to the drawing board for this girl, I guess. So here are the 8 fall transition pieces that will get you back into the mindset of strategic style:
1. A Pretty Printed Blouse: Mix it with your basics and you’ve got a fall ensemble in 1, 2, 3…
2. The Transition Tank: It’s layering 101. You need this trusty base to build a solid look.
3. Black Cropped Trousers: I own this exact pair, and believe me, they’re my saving grace this season.
4. A Statement Skirt: A pop of color, a print, a cool silhouette – whatever suits your fancy!
5. The Standout Satchel: Practical, versatile, classic. Need I say more?
6. A Neutral Cardi: It’s light and goes with anything, so toss it on anytime you’re unsure of the temperature.
7. Ankle Boots: These are the trendy shoe of the season and for good reason: toss them on with a skirt now and tuck your jeans into them later.
8. Skulls, Skulls, Skulls: My favorite accessory motif right now, by far. Great for that little bit of edge you need in an everyday ensemble.