Award-Worthy Nail Art: Emmy Edition
So – we’ve already given you the rundown of our favorite fashion and beauty moments from the Primetime Emmys, but this year’s red carpet broadcast added a little something extra to the usual flurry of lust-worthy gowns and Louboutins. Enter “The Mani Cam.” Thanks to E!, we were given a close up of our favorite celebs fingertips. While some starts opted for the classics (shout out to OPI’s Lincoln Park After Dark!), others chose to have a little more fun. For this Emmy edition nail art tutorial, we chose to spotlight two of our favorite designs: Zooey Deschanel’s TV thumbs and Julianne Hough’s glittery tips. Follow our editor Calli’s list of simple steps, and you’ll have award-worthy nails in no time.
Steps for Zooey’s Nails:
1) Paint nails an orange shade.
2) Wait for nails to completely dry. Paint a black rectangle on your nail bed.
3) Dip a toothpick in black polish and create two triangles at the base of your rectangle. These will be the base of the T.V.
4) Dip a toothpick in black polish again, this time creating two lines, in a V-shape, coming out of the other side of your black rectangle. These will be the T.V. antennas.
5) Wait for nails to dry completely. Take gold polish and create a square inside the left side of your black rectangle. You can do so with the polish brush or use toothpicks as a guide. This will be you T.V. screen.
6) Next take a ball point pen (or something that creates a larger dot than a toothpick) and dip it into white polish. Place three dots on the right side of the black rectangle. These will be your T.V. buttons. 7) Dip your toothpick into black polish and place dots inside the white dots, creating almost a 3-D effect to the T.V. buttons. Wait for your nails to dry completely before applying clear polish.
Steps for Julianne’s Nails:
1) Paint nails a nude color. Let dry completely.
2) Paint clear polish on the top of your nails. Paint as far down as you want the glitter to go.
3) Roll your nail in glitter. The glitter will on stick to where you put the clear polish.
4) Let dry and brush away any excess glitter (makeup brushes work great for that). Apply clear polish.