Music Festival: Packing Guide 2012
The music festival is truly unlike any other fashionable event. The beating sun by day and the cool winds by night can leave any music loving fashionista in a packing dilemma. Chances are you’ll be dancing, eating, swimming, and most likely sleeping in these clothes. If you opt to camp, your daily shower might be in the form of a hose trickling water above your head and any electronic beauty device will be a distant dream. In other words, you’ll be roughing it, but in the most enjoyable way possible.
This weekend marks the second weekend of Coachella Music Festival in Indio, California. Dressing for Coachella is one of the most fun fashion experiences one can have because there are no rules, except the more eclectic, the better. The Empire Polo fields will be filled with fringed attire, painted faces, and colorful locks. When it comes to festival fashion, anything goes. If you’re unsure of what the pack I have put together my list of festival must-haves and why below.
- Shorts – Like the Coachella Valley’s climate, they are hot hot hot.
- Bikini- In case there is a slip-n-slide with your name on it.
- Dress- For the chicer festival goers.
- Tank Top – DIY fringe top to be exact.
- Sandals – Pretty pedicures too, please.
- Romper – Like a dress, just crowd surfing friendlier.
- Floppy Hat – Keep cool and look cool at the same time.
- Jewelry – The more boho, the better.
- Sunscreen – At OTY we believe in wrinkle prevention.
- Sweater – For when the temperature drops at night.
- Flowers – To put in your hair.
- Sunglasses – Eye protection, both necessary and fashionable.
- Side bag – To keep all your stuff by your side, not at the bottom of the dance floor.
photos: coachella.com, thisisnotnew.com, and weheartit.com