Store Review: Forever 21 Dos & Don’ts
Review by Matthis Renaud
Do’s and Don’ts when shopping at Forever 21
For most of us when we hear the words “Forever 21” we get a little, or even a big tingle inside. But what we don’t all know is that big companies such as Forever 21 aren’t always giving us our money’s worth. Let’s take a look at what Forever 21 does and doesn’t do well in providing for its consumers.
When shopping at Forever 21 DO buy:
- Sunglasses! Starting at the frugal price of $5.80, you can find practically any shades that will fit your physiognomy and personal style.
- Tees! Whether they are neon, floral, lace, cropped, or flowy, Forever 21 always has ongoing sales which are mainly Tees; if shopping online be sure to check out their “Yellow-Tag” deals or “21 items of the Day”. Go stock up on a variety of tees for the season, prices generally start at $9!
- Jewelry! A girl can never have too many pairs of earrings, necklaces, or bracelets, and when waiting in line for the cash register, Forever 21 always has an appealing display of their latest and cutest accessories. For earrings, prices may start as low as $2.66, necklaces as low as $5.40, and bracelets/rings as low as $1.50- You can’t beat these amazing prices, so what are you waiting for? You have the perfect excuse to go spend a little more money!
- Bags! Ranging from chic hobos to rock n’ roll faux leather studded totes, or even evening soiree clutches, ladies the immense selections await you. Beach bags start at $1.50-$2, clutches around $15, and leatherette handbags at $22.80
- Panties! Forever 21 is infamous for its 5 for $10 sale for underwear. With darling colors to choose from and different styles, it’s a great place to stock up.
Now that you know what to buy at Forever 21, be careful when choosing the following items:
- Swimsuits: If you are like me, an hour glass figure, it is somewhat difficult to find a swim suit that will look fitting on my figure and with a design to match my taste. Even if you are a different shape, Forever 21’s swim suits will wear out and/or tear easily after a few uses.
- Jeans: Forever 21 has a tendency to make jeans out of stretchy material, and when washed and dried the jeans will shrink, then expand after half a day of wear, so beware when purchasing.
- Heels: Although Forever 21’s prices seem unbeatable, after walking for 10 minutes in their heels, you’ll wished you had kept your money. When looking for trendy and reasonably priced heels take a look at Charlotte Russe or Soda.
- Sport Bras: If you are a size B or more, don’t go to Forever 21 for your sports bras. They are not strong enough to hold your package together in place while exercising, and there is nothing more frustrating than having to rearrange or pin the back of your straps together when you are focused on exercising.
- Fake Eyelashes: Forever 21’s false eyelashes are simply horrible. The glue doesn’t stick one bit and the eyelashes immediately will rip when you try to them out of their box. For stronger and more sophisticated eyelashes check out your local drug store such as CVS or Walgreens.
Matthis is a high school senior living in Palo Alto, California. She was born in the French Alps and moved to the Bay Area when she was a young child. She enjoys practicing Karate, dancing, and writing. After graduation Matthis plans to attend a four year college either in the U.S. or in France. Find her as BlueSkye on ohthatsyou.com.
“Style comes from within,” says Matthis. “Whatever you decide to wear, wear it with pride.”